Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm back! Sort of...

I can hardly believe it's been almost a month since my last post. I've been knee deep in Easter basket making, both for the Etsy shop and for the Carolina Craftsmen Spring Classic. The Spring Classic is a three day, indoor craft show in Columbia, SC. I had a great time with my friend, Karan, who helped me in my booth. We met some amazing crafts people, who are not only very talented, but are also really nice people.

So, now I'm on vacation. Really. I thought my husband had lost his mind when he suggested going on vacation the day after one of the biggest shows I do. But, he promised to do all the work to get us ready, including mounds of laundry and packing the children's clothes. He arranged for a house sitter, to keep an eye on things back home, as well as to take care of the cat, dogs, chickens and goats. He even made an appointment for Frodo the Wonder Yorkie to go to the groomer this week.

So, here we are at the food court of our resort, having what turned out to be pretty good food. I think my husband is looking pretty fresh for a guy who spent the weekend doing housework and then an entire day driving.


My other deal was that I would get the first full day of vacation to relax. Now, here I am in our hotel room at Disney World, by myself. It's pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment