Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Orchard


We're finally planting an orchard! I've wanted to do this for years, maybe 10 years. Turns out, 2009 is the time. We cleared about 2 acres and planted grass, to stabilize the soil and we've planted 14 trees--apple, pear, peach, pecan, plum and fig. The photo above shows the trees waiting to be planted.


Here is our cleared field, with stakes to mark where the trees will go. The blue thing is the tank for the well.

This last photo is my dear husband, planting trees. He dug all the holes, while the children and I followed, putting the trees in the holes and watering them. Today's "all day rain" is coming at just the right time.
Any projects going on at your place?


3 comments:

  1. Nothing as exciting as planting an orchard here. I'm just doing a mountain of laundry! Congrats on your orchard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JodieMo for reminding me about the laundry :(

    We planted 3 trees two years ago (apple) one is not doing so well, but we did get some apples of the other two! Hope all your trees bear an amazing amount of fruit! That's a lot of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay! You won a prize on my blog! Email me when you get a chance, my info is on my page.

    ReplyDelete