Tuesday, August 24, 2010

South Carolina State Fair 2010


I love the South Carolina State Fair! I remember going to the fair with my parents when I was a little girl. We would leave as soon as my father got home from work, arriving at the fair in time for dinner. It almost always involved corn dogs from the Lion's Club booth, right next to the grandstand.


We would spend time in the buildings, looking at agriculture exhibits, home and craft, and all the business booths selling things like siding and insulated windows. The baby ducks have been a consistent hit at the fair. And, when I was young enough, I would ride a few rides.


Now, I go to the fair with my children. We love the animals best: cows, chickens, rabbits and, of course, the baby ducks.


The fair has also taken on a new excitement for me in the past ten years. I've been entering my home canned jams, jellies, and fruits, as well as crocheted and sewn items. My children have also entered their artwork. There's nothing more exciting than seeing our work on display at the fair.


Well, this week is the last week to get our entries registered. We've got a long list this year; I'll let you know how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment