Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 SC State Fair Entries

I'm headed to the SC State Fair grounds later today to deliver my entries for 2011.

These are my canning entries: jams, jellies and a jar of pickles. I wanted to enter some things made from pears, but I wasn't able to get pears this year.






I also have two stocking entries, the first from a recycled rice bag, the second from new materials. I love this little purse! It's made from leftover Halloween fabric from other projects.





This is a skein of my homespun yarn. It's way to lumpy and bumpy, but I had a great time spinning it. The judges may not be impressed, but I am. Yay me!

My scarf entry is made from bamboo yarn and is super soft. The colors are purple and white.
The last two entries are a crocheted shawl (including a bit of homespun yarn) and a Thanksgiving apron.









Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting to enter your items in the fair. I really like the rice bag stocking! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rice bag stocking too. Good luck to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! So much fun. Your items are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rice bag stocking is a winner! Be sure to tell us when you'll be at the fair to 'show us your stuff'.

    Tom S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I love the shawl and the scarf!

    ReplyDelete