Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Christmas Story

This may be a controversial blog topic, but I'm going to risk it.  Here goes:  I like the movie A Christmas Story, the one about Ralphie and his quest for a Red Ryder BB gun.  Okay, I really, really, like A Christmas Story.  As in, it has become my favorite Christmas movie.  I relate to the mom.  She tries to keep up the house (in spite of her husband's taste in lamps), make dinner every night, get her boys to school on time and see to it that Christmas is a happy day for her family.  And keep Ralphie from shooting his eye out.

Back in November, I heard that A Christmas Story was being produced as a Broadway musical.  I called Andy, my husband, at work and said, "I know what I want for Christmas.  You should fly me to New York to see a Broadway show."  And then we had a good laugh.

Well, I laughed.  Apparently, Andy's reaction was to call a travel agent and arrange a trip on the day after Christmas.  We flew to New York, stayed at the Millennium Broadway hotel at Times Square, spent as afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the evening at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre where we saw A Christmas Story.


The show was wonderful and the afternoon at the Met was an amazing experience.  Thank you for an unforgettable Christmas gift, sweetie!


No comments:

Post a Comment