Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brrrrr!


Okay, I know some readers won't be impressed with our idea of cold weather, but for this southern girl-  IT'S COLD!

At sunrise this morning it was 8 degrees here.  Winter lows in the teens and twenties are not unusual, but single digits are rare.  We even brought Abby, our Great Pyrenees dog, in for the night.  (Side note, Abby has to be one if the best dogs ever.  She lay down in the mudroom and was quiet and well behaved all night.)

Supper tonight needs to be something warm and comforting.  I don't have ground beef for traditional chili, but I do have chicken.  So, chicken it is!  

I sort of made up the recipe as I went along-- sautéed onions and garlic, white beans, chicken, salsa, tomatoes and corn.  It smells wonderful!

Stay warm, friends.

Oh, and there's apple pie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment