Friday, July 6, 2012

All American Family Reunion


A couple of years ago, after attending what seemed like the millionth funeral in our family, my cousins and I decided we were tired of only seeing each other when somebody died.  So, I invited them to my house.  And they came.  We've done it for two years in a row and it's wonderful.

My sister-in-law Lori, came over with her magic party bag and started decorating.  She used to plan huge events for a church so she can do this kind of thing in her sleep.  She pulled out every red, white and/or blue thing she could find and turned my house into an "event".


We put red, white and blue table cloths on all the tables, along with themed cupcakes and mason jars filled with flags and flatware.  Add some napkins and plates from the warehouse store and, lo and behold!  It's party time! 
 I'm rather proud of my party favor idea, if I do say so myself.  I knew that most people who were coming had to travel for at least an hour, if not several hours.  So I sent them home with snacks for the road--bottled water, crackers, cookies, etc.  And I stashed them near the door, in blue and white canning pots.
Have you had any special events lately?  I'd love to hear your ideas (and maybe steal a few of them for my next shindig).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great party! I love having parties, but all of my family lives 4 states away, or more. So a family reunion is not in my near future :(

    Looks like you have it all under control :)

    ReplyDelete