Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hydrangeas


I love hydrangeas! I have four hydrangea bushes in my front yard, next to the shady side of the porch. They've been looking lush and green for the past three summers, but haven't bloomed until this year. I'm not sure what the difference is, except maybe that they've gotten consistent water (thanks to my husband setting the soaker hose on a timer!)

I'm enjoying them, both outside and as cut flowers inside. Fresh flowers on the table just feels so elegant.

What's dressing up your place this week?

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!! We are hoping to put up a retaining wall around the south side of the house next year. Maybe I'll plant some Hydrangeas! They would look awesome!
    Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are simply gorgeous in the yard and inside...either way you look at them. Our plumeria tree is blooming (white with yellow centers), our red ginger is blooming and the bird of paradise is not there yet. Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete