Friday, November 5, 2010

Dinner Invitation

Riiiinggg....riiiinnnggg.

Me: Hello?

My aunt: Guess where I am?

Me: Ummmm....where?

My aunt: At the cabin! With your cousin.

Me: Really? I thought you weren't coming until next week.

My aunt: My plans changed. Want to join us for dinner?



My aunt, who absolutely refuses to become a "little old lady", has a cabin near my house (okay, "near" is relative). It was built a generation ago by her father, my grandfather. It started as a pretty basic fishing cabin and Pop-pop eventually added a kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom. We spent a lot of time there when I was a little girl and I'm so glad my aunt has kept it up.



Anyway, back to our evening. My aunt and the cousin-who-shall-not-be-named*, came down to spend the night and do a little work at the cabin. They were headed out to the local hot spot for dinner and invited us to join them. How could I say no? Friday IS steak night.



Okay, cousin, you made the blog again. Glad I can help you meet your goals in life, but really, you need a hobby.



*See the July 4, 2010 post

No comments:

Post a Comment