Friday, September 2, 2011

SC State Fair is Coming

The South Carolina State Fair is just over a month away. I've registered to enter loads of things this year. Some are already complete, some may not get done in time. No matter how much actually makes it to the fairgrounds, it's fun to participate.


This is a Jacob's ladder quilt block, made into a pillow. I used fabrics left over from other projects and I'm really pleased with the result.




I've registered canned goods, machine sewing (things I don't sell in the etsy shop, like quilt block pillows!), a crocheted scarf and a shawl, even herb plants. I'm a bit worried about the plants. They aren't looking very "fair worthy" at the moment.




Now that the pillow is done, on to the rest of my entries...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillow! Good luck at the fair, I hope your herb plants perk up in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your pillow! A blue ribbon for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to participate in the state fair! I always love looking at all the entries in the Oregon State Fair. I love the colors in your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful prints that you have chosen... The pillow has turned out beautiful... !!!

    ReplyDelete