Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spinning

I am excited beyond all reason for this weekend.  I'm going to SAFF, the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in Fletcher, NC.  It is heaven for fiber enthusiasts--spinners, crocheters, knitters, weavers, as well as those who raise fiber animals. 

I'm going to take a spinning class on Friday and spend Saturday shopping for my birthday present from my husband.  Yep, I've been given approval to buy a spinning wheel. 

In honor of my trip, I thought I'd offer a few links to amazing spinning/fiber oriented websites:

Joyuna--This post has a picture of some stunningly beautiful sheep.  Really.

One Crazy Fiber Lady--Nice pictures of drop spindles, as well as a beautiful wheel.

The Fiber of My Being-- The first post here shows some Newfoundland dog hair, cleaned for spinning!

The Sojourning Spinner--Love this blog that focuses on spinning with a drop spindle.

Bessybee Fiber's Blog--My goodness!  The gorgeous fiber, ready to spin...

PumpkinTownPrimitives--And, this is Renee Gillespie.  My husband bought my drop spindle from her a couple of years ago, along with an instructional video.  I had a chance to meet her at a living history event last weekend and we exchanged phone numbers.  Hopefully, we'll cross paths at SAFF!


I plan to come back with pictures of my weekend, including my new spinning wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment