Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Socks and a Sweater

My family celebrates two birthdays this month, my older daughter and my husband.  My daughter just turned 23 and she requested dinner out at Miyo's.  She loves their Asian cuisine, especially the sushi.  We had a very nice dinner with two of her friends and her aunt and uncle.

Next week, my husband has a birthday.  Last year, for his 50th, we did a Star Trek themed party.  This year will be much more low-key, probably a family dinner.

On to fiber!

FO's


I finished this handspun this week.  It's a superwash BFL (blue faced Leiscester) in shades of pink, blue and purple.  It's a three-ply, worsted-ish weight.  I'm not sure yet what it's going to be, maybe a hat or fingerless mitts?

WIP's

Lawrence Sweater

Yarn--Cascade 220, colorway 9572
Needles--US 8, 5mm

The Lawrence sweater is making slow but steady progress.  I split for sleeves last night--yay!  It should move a bit faster now, with almost 100 fewer stitches per round.

 
 
Ankle socks for me
 
Yarn--Four Seasons Gründl Hot Socks
Needles--US size 0, 2.00mm
 
I started a pair of socks for me, using the same yarn I used for Janie's socks.  We can be matchy-matchy!  This is the first time I've made socks on size 0 needles.  It's taking longer but I like the fabric it creates.
 
I cast on 64 stitches and did 20 rounds of ribbing before going to the heel.  The heel is worked over 32 stitches.  I'm not sure yet how many rounds I'll need for the foot, but I'll keep you posted.
 
 
 
Podcast Corner
 


This week's podcast is Knit1HeartToo.  It is hosted by Wendy and Sheila, podcasting from Massachusetts.  They are both moms and knit for themselves as well as their families and friends.  Don't let their silliness fool you; both are talented knitters and produce wonderful items. 

Here's a quote from their blog page. 

"Knit 1, Heart too" grew out of something that we both have in common. Wendy has been a heart failure survivor since 2006 and Sheila is mom to an amazing boy who not only survived a serious congenital heart defect diagnosed at birth, but later survived liver cancer and two liver transplants. We know a lot about hearts and that it takes a lot of heart (and courage) to survive. And we knit with a lot of heart, too.

These are amazing women.  Sheila is a phlebotomist and Wendy is currently a stay-at-home-mom, having left a career as a lawyer.  Love this podcast!

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for a lovely post, I love the colour of your Lawrence sweater xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tracy! Thanks for stopping by. You did an amazing job on your Lawrence sweater. I love your podcast!

    ReplyDelete