Friday, August 5, 2011

My New Dishwasher is Here



After just five years, my old dishwasher was not doing well. The racks were rusting away, the dishes weren't getting clean and rinsing? Not a chance. So, with moaning and a bit of teeth gnashing, we forked over the money for a new one.It was installed on Wednesday and it works really well. One of the features I really like is the delayed start. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal. I had one on my dishwasher in our last house, but I didn't think I'd miss it when we moved. However, I've dreamed of having a delay timer ever since.


Here's why: when I go to bed, I'm often not the last one to turn in. I have a husband and college daughter who have the same taste in television shows, so they stay up later and will usually have a glass or popcorn bowl to add to the dishwasher load. You see the problem. If I start the dishwasher before going to bed, I may wake up to more dishes in the sink, but if I don't start it it's fairly likely no one else will remember to start it.


Delay timer to the rescue! I can start the timer when I go to bed, then if anyone adds a dish, the washer will still run. Yay!




I can't believe I just wrote a lengthy blog post about dishwasher timers. Can you tell my sewing machine is in the shop for service?









6 comments:

  1. Your new dishwasher sounds awesome, love that delayed start! I don't have a dishwasher... Well I take that back, I AM the dishwasher! LOL!! I sure envy your brand new beautiful one!!! Lucky you! :)

    ~Trina
    http://trinastrinketts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I found you through the Etsy Blogging Team...I have never had a delayed timer, but surely see the benefits..it would not take much to sale this feature to a woman..lol...headed to check out your Etsy shop...hope you have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I completely understand your glee.
    Way too much precious time is spent doing dishes manually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn is the worst! My husband likes to make popcorn and uses lots of oil and butter and the mess is AWFUL! I feel your pain. I like to wake up to a clean kitchen too. So what a great idea with the timer! They should all have one. I was going to say that it was a major bummer about your other one going out so fast but then you wouldn't have the timer now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never regretted spending extra for a good quality dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete