Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Love Yarn Shops!



I convinced my husband to go to two, yes two yarn shops today, as well as a craft store. I only had to spend a few minutes in Lowes and Tractor Supply in return. Anyway, here's what I found:




The gorgeous sparkly ribbon is called "Sari Ribbon" by Louisa Harding. It's from Turkey. The coordinating yarns are 80% pima cotton/20% merino wool by Sierra from Peru. I also found some beautiful, creamy wool with just a touch of cashmere.

There was so much more. I could have spent all day, ooo-ing over the wonderful textures and colors. I had no idea how tactile I am until I started crocheting regularly. The yarn must feel good in my hand or I don't want to work with it. These shops are heaven for serious (and frivolous) fiber addicts.

I live in a very rural area. It's remarkable to have two such amazing specialty shops within an hour of home.

Shops visited:
The Sassy Knitter
Barbara Sue Brodie Needleworks


Ahhh, new yarn....

No comments:

Post a Comment