Monday, March 21, 2011

The Goat Adventure Begins...

We've been talking about getting goats for a while now. I'm not sure exactly how we got to the point in our lives where we have a serious discussion about having goats, but here we are.

So, we've bought fence posts. I mean, we can't just rush into this, right? Anyway, we're starting by putting in a fence. I'm not convinced that this fence will hold goats, but I'm no goat-confinement expert. I've heard that "if it won't hold water, it won't hold goats". Or was that "sheep"?

I'll update you when we actually get the posts in the ground. Now that I think about it, getting actual animals may have to wait.

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I are constantly talking about getting goats! Of course we live in an apartment in the city right now....but someday we will live in a rural place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really can't imagine having goats. I have always lived in big cities, but I had cousins growing up who lived on a farm, and I think it sounds romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh. :)

    At my old house I had a neighbor who had a really teeeny goat and every afternoon when she walked her dogs she would walk the goat with them. On a leash. The first time I saw them all walking I had to do a double-take. It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete