Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weekend in Atlanta

My husband called me last Wednesday and said, "I could use a couple of days off. Let's take a little vacation." So much for my stay-at-home July. He decided on a weekend in Atlanta, Georgia.



We actually had a nice time. There are loads of fun, family-friendly things to do around Atlanta. We went to the Atlanta Medieval Times, where my daughter had a great time. She cheered our knight and booed the bad guy. For two hours.



Did you know that Zoo Atlanta is one of only four zoos in the United States that has giant pandas? We didn't either, but when we found out, my son could hardly wait to get there.



One of the pandas is an eight-month old baby and did a few acrobatic tricks for the visitors. How cute is that?

We also spent a day at Six Flags Whitewater, a big waterpark. The children weren't into the big slides, but they loved the lazy river.


There are lots of other things we could have done, like the Fernbank Museum of Natural History and the Coke Factory tour, not to mention going to a professional sports event. Atlanta has Braves baseball, Hawks basketball and Falcons football.


How's your July so far?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Atlanta is on my list of places to visit. The only place we've been to in GA is Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the 4th? I know there is Atlanta, Washington DC, and San Diego. Wayne Jr.

    ReplyDelete