Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flute Recital in Columbia

My college daughter and I went into the "big city" tonight (that's Columbia, SC) to attend a flute recital at the University of South Carolina. We've been to several of these this semester, since said daughter is taking a music appreciation class and attendance at these performances is required. I have to say, it's been fun. The performances are by university students and they are quite good. And, even better, the concerts are free! So, if you live remotely near a college with a music department, check out the recital schedule. It's a nice night out and the price is right. How's your weekend shaping up?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely! My daughter is a flutist and would love to attend something like that.

    My weekend? Not so great. My son has strep throat and I'm not sure if he gave it to me or if I have a virus, but I can't talk or swallow. :( Not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Kay. I'm sure they sound much better than the elementary recitals I've been to lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to university performances is always so much fun. What a wonderful idea! Visiting via the EBT (:

    ReplyDelete